Drooping of the thighs, buttocks, and hips may occur for many reasons. The sagging tissue can be repositioned and lifted into a more youthful position. New developments and understanding of the anatomical changes responsible for aging of thigh, buttock, hip, and abdomen tissue have resulted in the development of improved procedures utilizing incisions that can be hidden by bathing suits.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is an increasingly popular procedure that can reshape and enhance the appearance of the buttocks by adding projection to the buttock with fat injections.
Leading a reasonable, healthy lifestyle, moderate exercise and avoiding big shifts in weight all help maintain the result.
- Women who would like a better proportion of their buttock relative to the rest of their body.
- Women who want to have an enhancement of the buttocks using their own fatty tissue.
- Women who have either never had a useful roundness or those who have lost their buttock fullness because of age, genetics, weight loss and pregnancy.
- Women who desire a larger buttock area and have reasonable expectations and adequate available fat.
- Requires removing fat from available areas like the abdomen, flanks and thighs through tiny incisions.
- The fat is cleansed of impurities.
- Fat is injected and the buttock is sculpted using tiny incisions.
- Fat is injected into several different layers to create a structural improvement.
- It is performed under general anesthesia and the small incisions are sutured and an elastic garment is placed.
For most patients, the result is permanent. Essentially, the amount of injected fat that you have six months after the surgery is what will remain. A patient who loses a significant amount of weight in the whole body would become smaller everywhere including the buttocks. but the relationship between the buttocks and the rest of the body usually stays the same.
It is recommended that you avoid strenuous exercise that would have a tendency towards diminished fat for about 4-6 weeks after surgery.
Patients are instructed to ambulate the day of surgery. While they are able to sit on their buttocks and lay on their backs, it is generally urged that they don’t initially. There is usually mild discomfort which is alleviated with pain medication. Most patients are able to return to non-strenuous work after 5-6 days and resume light exercise after 3-4 weeks while avoiding strenuous exercise for 6 weeks.
As with any surgery, there are potential problems but they are minimized in the hands of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally, a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Most postoperative complications are minor, temporary and can be easily treated. Following all of your pre and postoperative treatment instructions will help minimize any potential problems.
It is generally recommended to be worn for 3-8 weeks after surgery depending on the extent of the procedure.
It is generally felt that you shouldn’t sit directly on the buttock area for 2-4 weeks.
You can see the results right away. Swelling will gradually diminish over the 2-6 months after surgery. Ultimately, what remains at 6 months will usually be permanent
It depends on the desired goal and the individual’s anatomy:
- In some patients, liposuction of the surrounding areas alone may produce a better figure and emphasize the buttock.
- Buttock implants.
- Patients with loose skin may benefit from a belt lipectomy or lower body lift.
It is performed under general anesthesia in our Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities (AAAASF) fully accredited office based surgical facility. Anesthesia is provided by a board certified anesthesiologist.
Ready to Get Started?
Fill out the contact form below to schedule your consultation with Dr. Singer
Why Choose Dr. Singer?
Dr. Singer has the respect of his peers and patients across San Diego and the surrounding Southern California area. He has helped thousands of San Diego residents with an eye for balance and beauty and the skills of an artist. Dr. Singer has been engaged in private practice in the La Jolla area of San Diego since 1976 and is now an internationally recognized plastic surgeon. You are in the best of hands with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) Dr. Singer.
Please learn more about Dr. Singer’s affiliations, memberships, awards, honors, and accomplishments. The full list and Dr. Singer’s curriculum vitae are available upon request.